Saturday, March 9, 2013

Grandmomma's Kitchen - IL Terrazzo Tomas Morato QC

We wanted to try out a new restaurant and I decided to check out my Enjoy Ph app. Searched for Tomas Morato and saw a restaurant I'm not familiar with. Thing is, I forgot to bring my Enjoy Philippines card but we still decided to push through.


Located on the ground level of IL Terrazzo Mall, GrandMomma's ktichen has a nice ambiance and gives off this cozy feeling. It reminded me of a cafe we had breakfast in by the countryside road when we were in Melbourne Australia. Feels rather homey and even the wait staff is uniform in theme with the place.




The Food
Home Made Iced Tea | Php 60.00
Home made Iced Tea was good! Just request for less ice next time to get a fuller taste of the drink.
Tomato Basil Soup | Php 80.00
I actually loved this soup. The tomato flavor is rich and it has garlic bits that adds zest to the overall soup. Price is also not bad basing it on how the soup actually tastes. A recommended must try when visiting GrandMommas's Kitchen.

Fisherman's Platter | Php 255.00
Presentation isn't appealing. It looks like they just stacked 'em up from the kitchen. It's home cooked meal that they serve and I wasn't surprised because it really did taste like a dish anyone who knows how to fry could've done. Might have high expectations that's why I didn't like it.

Ol' Fashioned Porkchop and Apple sauce | Php 255.00
The porkchop was served with some traces of blood on it (outside) and we just had it recooked for a bit. The apple sauce was unique and the even though the porkchop was recooked, it was still tender. Overall, this dish was just okay as well.

Brocolli Alfredo | Php 175.00
My dad got this but I wasn't able to try it. The thing is, he asked for the server to suggest a red sauce pasta for him and he got served this dish instead. Misunderstanding maybe? but this is definitely not a red-sauced pasta.

Smoked Baby Back Ribs | Php 255.00
My mom got baby back ribs. The sauce was good although I must say that the Jack Daniels sauce is 100x better. There was a lot of herb rice underneath it and I like the small bits of ham (I think) with the rice. For the price, this is cheaper than other baby back ribs served out there.

Mac n Cheese (Side order) | Php 45.00
My favorite dish of the day! It was really cheesy and it hit the spot! I should've just ordered this!

Overall, I was not that satisfied with my meal and so were the others. The attendants were not that attentive as we had to repeat what we ask them before they remember that we asked them for that already. They were courteous though. I might have ordered the wrong dishes perhaps?  It's an average first timer meal. I might need to go back and order other meals. Will try to write a review again if ever I drop by that place again.

Grand Momma's Kitchen Menu


Grand Momma's Kitchen 
G/F IL Terrazzo Mall
Tomas Morato QC
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/GrandMommas-Kitchen/1305803149558170
Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


-->

1 comments:

Jan said...

Went here last week. Felt the same. You should've reviewed it earlier sir. hhehe